Sunday, November 21, 2010

Making our home...homier!

I got married this past summer (woohoo!), and as the wedding gifts rolled in, our apartment was beginning to look more and more like a home from a 'Hoarders' episode. Okay, well maybe not quite that bad, but you get my drift. After our honeymoon, we were finally able to settle in, clean up, and decorate our place a bit. I'm so excited about the most recent addition to our living room...our new rug!!! I wish I had before and after pictures for you, but I think the rug makes the room feel a lot cozier.
Rug: Sakura (in Straw) by West Elm
I am by no means a design aficionado, so choosing the right pieces for our living room took longer than I anticipated. I'm pretty happy with how the room looks now, but my biggest regret is our coffee table, which I brought with me from my single days in NYC. My mom and I were at Ethan Allen on a random Saturday, and this coffee table was a 50% off floor sample, and she convinced me to buy it. The problem? There are no drawers or shelves, which makes keeping our coffee table tidy very, very difficult!

Do you have any design regrets? And I'd love any feedback on our 'new' living room! I'm looking for a floor lamp, but limited space in the room has made the search challenging...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting married!! :)
    I definitely like the couch and carpet! I could see you adding a floor lamp - maybe near the back right hand corner of the couch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your marriage and new home! I really like the large mirror and I think the rug does make the room look cozier. I just moved into my new home, with my new husband this past summer, and have decided that a large area rug is definitely needed!
    Maybe some nice storage boxes stacked under the coffee table could help keep things tidy and look nice as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the marriage and new home! I like the look of the coffee table, but I can see how it would be a pain to keep everything organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking the same location for the lamp!

    ReplyDelete